How do I re-establish a Turnitin assignment link?
You will learn how to re-establish a Turnitin assignment link within your course in TITANium.
Every time a course is copied, all of the Turnitin assignment links must be re-established or relinked for the new course.
Follow these steps below after you have used Import or Restore to bring your content from one course to another.
This guide has been updated for TITANium 2019-2020.
1. Enter your new course in TITANium.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Turn editing on.
4. Click on Edit.
5. Select Edit settings.
6. Under Preconfigured tool, select Turnitin Assignment.
7. Click on Show more.
8. Launch container is selected
9. Under Launch container, select New window.
Consider how you want the Turnitin page to display. New window is chosen in this example because it allows the most viewing area of all of those choices. However, the tool will work with any of those selections.
10. Under Grade, type the appropriate number of points.
100 points is the default. Choose an integer between 0 and 200. Note that the Maximum points field here must match the Max Grade field in Step 15 below. If you would like no grade for this assignment, select Grade type: None.
11. Click on Save and return to course.
12. Click on the link to the Turnitin assignment.
13. The Turnitin assignment window now opens and displays.
14. Click on the Settings tab.
15. Adjust the Max Grade , the Start date, the Due date, and Feedback release date.
Be sure to set the Max Grade field to be the same integer as you did in Step 8 above. The Start date must be before the Due date. Likewise, the Due date must be on or before the Feedback release date. The Feedback release date determines when students will see their grades and comments from within the Turnitin assignment link.
However, due to the nature of the External tool, the grade that you enter in a Turnitin assignment will be posted to the students Grades as soon as you grade it. The Comments, on the other hand, will display on the Feedback release date.
16. Click on Submit.
You have now learned how to re-establish a Turnitin assignment link within your course in TITANium. Remember, this will need to be done every time you copy a Turnitin assignment from one course to another or even within the same course.