How do I apply my Rubric to grade an assignment in Turnitin?
You will learn how to apply a Standard rubric to grade a student's paper in a Turnitin assignment in your course. This guide assumes that you have already:
- Created a Turnitin assignment
- Created a Standard rubric
- Attached the rubric to this Turnitin assignment
Follow these steps below to grade a student's paper using your rubric.
This guide has been updated for TITANium 2019-2020.
1. Click on the Turnitin assignment link within your course.
2. Click on the Pencil icon to select a paper to grade.
The Assignment Inbox will only show the list of submitted papers. Students who have not yet submitted will not show up in the list.
3. The Turnitin Feedback Studio displays the student's paper.
The student's work is displayed on the left and the toolbar is on the right.
4. Click on the Rubric/Form icon.
5. The rubric will appear.
6. Click on the appropriate rating for each Criterion.
7. Click on Apply to Grade.
The grade will transfer automatically to the gradebook in your course.
Note: If you make a mistake and then change the grade after you have applied it, the new grade might not transfer to the Gradebook. After grading, you should verify in the Grader report or Single view. If the new grade does not transfer, then you will need to enter the grade manually.
8. The student's paper is now graded.
9. Click on the X to close the window when you are finished.
You have now learned how to apply a rubric to grade a paper within a Turnitin assignment.