Student: How do I share a video in Dropbox in a forum post in TITANium?
You will learn how to share in a forum post a video file that you have already uploaded to Dropbox.
1. Within Dropbox, navigate to the video or document you want to share with your students.
2. Click on the three dots menu.
Likewise, you can click on Share to perform a similar process.
3. Select Share.
4. Click on Link settings.
Note: Leave the setting at "Can view" rather than "Can edit" unless you want students to be able to edit the file (such as a Word document or Excel). Videos can only be viewed not edited.
5. Click on the dropdown menu for Who has access.
6. Decide on how much security you want.
The three choices are:
Anyone with link allows anyone who has the link to view this file. This is the easiest way to share this file with your students but is also the least secure.
Team members allows you to share only with members of a Group/Team within Dropbox. You could make a new Group and add all of your students to that Group (provided they have all logged in to Dropbox at least once previously). This is the most secure option.
People with password allows greater security than Anyone with link but less than Team members.
7. Select Anyone with link.
For this guide, we will choose Anyone with link, as that may be the most likely choice that faculty will make.
8. Click the Expiration slider.
Only click on the slider if you want create an expiration date for when this file is available to view.
9. Type an expiration date.
10. Click on the Disable downloads slider.
Only click this slider if you do not want others to be able to easily download the file.
11. Click on Save.
12. Click on Copy link.
This link can now be pasted into any textbox in your course, pasted into an email, posted in an announcement, etc.
Follow these additional steps to post this link to a forum in your course in TITANium.
13. Enter your course in TITANium.
14. Enter the forum activity where you want to post a link to this video or file.
15. Click on the link to the forum activity.
16. Type a Subject for the post.
17. Type some text in the textbox and paste the dropbox link.
Note: The reason we do not use the LINK icon for this URL is because TITANium will automatically try to embed the video in the post, but that kind of embed will not work with a URL from Dropbox.
18. Click on Post to forum.
19. For other students to view your video, they need to select the URL, right-mouse click and select Go to...
- Create and share Dropbox links with view-only access (by Dropbox)
You have now learned how to create a link in Dropbox and share it in a forum post in your course in TITANium.