How Do I Import Test Items with Tables and/or Graphics into Respondus 4.0 from a MS Word Document?
Respondus allows you to import multiple choice, true-false, essay, fill-in-the-blank, matching and multiple answer questions that include tables and or graphics from a MS Word (.doc or .docx) file. The questions must be organized in a format that is acceptable to Respondus. The Standard Format for a document is described in the Respondus 4.0 User Guide.
1. Select Import Questions from the Start menu.
2. Select Microsoft Word 2007 (DOCX) for Type of file.
After clicking the Import Questions button the Import Questions Window appears. This form has several fields of data that must be completed. In the Import Questions window specify the Type of file. For this example, select Microsoft Word 2007 (DOCX).
3. Use the Browse button to select the DOCX file where your questions are located.
4. Select Create a new document.
You can specify whether the questions should be appended to the currently open file or whether to create an entirely new file in which to save the imported questions. Each question being imported will have a "title". If you don’t specify a title for each question in the text file, Respondus will automatically use the first 20 characters of the question wording as the question title. Alternatively, titles can be based on a specific string of text which will then be followed by consecutive numbering starting with 001.
5. Click the Preview button.
This will enable the user to review the file being imported for errors. If any are reported, return to the original Word file and correct the errors. Then, redo the process shown in this guide.
6. Click Finish to import the questions from the MS Word document.
6. The questions display in the Question List section.
Once the import process finishes, the Edit view opens. This window allows you to edit, view, and delete questions from the file created or appended to during the import process. All imported question are shown at the bottom of the page in the Question List.
7. Click on a magnifying glass icon to view a question.
To view the imported question click the Magnifying Glass icon next to the target question. This will open the item in a preview window.
- What is Respondus?
- How do I create test items in Respondus 4.0 for exporting to my course in TITANium?
- How do I import Test Items into Respondus from a plain text file?
- How do I use the Respondus Moodle (TITANium) Personality to upload a quiz directly to my course?
- How do I export a test or items from Respondus to a file?
You have now learned how to convert questions from a Microsoft Word document file into a Respondus file which can be easily exported to your course in TITANium.