How do I bring in specific content from a course backup file?
You will learn how to copy specific content from a course backup file. For example, say you want to re-use a quiz from a course you taught a couple of years ago.
Follow these steps to use the Restore tool to copy a Quiz activity from a course backup file.
This guide has been updated for TITANium 2019-2020.
1. Enter your destination course in TITANium.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Select Restore.
4. Scroll down to the User private backup area.
Read this guide to learn how to upload a file to your Private user backup area if the file is not listed.
5. Locate the desired course and click on Restore.
6. Scroll down the page and click on Continue.
7. Be sure that 'Merge the backup course into this course' is selected.
It is essential that Merge the backup course into this course is selected. We do not want to delete any content, we only want to add content.
8. Deselect the settings you don't want.
In this sample, we only want to copy a single activity, so 'Include activities and resources' is ticked.
9. Scroll down and click on Next.
10. Click on None.
Tip: Clicking on None will deselect all activities and resources. If you are only copying a few items, then this is the easiest way to go about it.
11. Scroll down and tick the Topic section.
In order to check the activity or resources you want to import, you must first check the box next to the Topic section.
12. Tick the activity or resource you want to copy.
13. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Next.
14. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Perform restore.
15. Click on Continue.
16. The desired activity is now in my current course.
You have now learned how to bring in specific activities or resources from a course backup file using the Restore tool.