How do I use Backup for a single Activity?
You will learn how to create a backup file of a single Activity in a course, using the Backup tool. The Backup tool can be used to create a backup file of a single Activity for use in a different course. You can then use the Restore tool to bring that Activity into another course, or you may share the backup file with a colleague, so that he/she can use it in their course.
In this example, you will learn how to backup a Quiz activity for use by a different instructor in a different course.
1. Enter your course.
2. Click on the link to the Quiz
3. Click on the Gear icon within the activity.
4. Select Backup.
5. Click on Jump to final step
6. Click on Continue.
7. The backup file is now in the User private backup area.
Now, you can Download the file to use in a different academic year, to share with another instructor or to keep.
You can use the Restore link to copy this Quiz to another course where you are the Teacher.
1. Enter your course.
2. Scroll down to the desired activity.
3. Click on the Quiz activity.
In this guide, a Quiz activity is being used. However, this process will work with any activity or resource in your course.
4. Click on the Gear icon.
5. Select Backup.
6. Click on Jump to final step.
7. Wait for the process.
8. Click on Continue.
9. The file is now listed in your User private backup area.
10. Click on Download to copy the file to your computer.
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
2. Scroll down to the Activity you want to backup.
3. Click on the link to the quiz activity.
4. Click on Backup in the Quiz administration block.
5. Deselect almost all of the elements.
Deselect all of the checkboxes except for Include activities and resources and Include question bank. If the resource or activity you are backing up is not a Quiz, then you probably won't need the Question bank.
6. Click on Next.
7. Click on Next.
Note that the only resource or activity included is the one Quiz activity we want. This backup file will only include this one activity.
8. Change the file name if desired.
If you change the file name, be sure to not leave any spaces in the name and do not change the extension (.mbz).
9. Scroll down to the User private backup area.
10. Click on Download if you want to download the file to your local computer.
You have now learned how to backup a single Activity using the Backup tool in your course. Read the guide on how to use Restore to copy this Activity to a different course.