How do I send, read, and reply to messages from students and other faculty?
You will learn how to use the Messages menu to quickly communicate with students in your course. You may view and respond to messages from the Dashboard page or from within any course main page. To use the Messages menu on a course main page, follow these steps:
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
The screenshot below is of a typical Dashboard page, the entry page for TITANium.
2. Click on the Messages menu.
3. The Message menu will display any messages.
Note: This sample user has not yet been sent any messages.
4. Click on New message.
5. Type a name into the search field.
6. Click on the person's name.
7. Type a message to send to that user.
Messages are plain text only. You cannot send images or attachments - just plain text.
8. Click on Send.
Notice that their is no subject line. That is because every subject line is the same: "New message from ...".
9. Your message now appears in the message thread.
10. When someone writes a message to you, you will have a number in the Messaging menu.
The number "1" shown below indicates the number of users who have sent a message, not the number of messages.
11. Click on the Messaging menu.
12. Read the message.
13. Click on the message to view the message thread.
14. You can view the message thread and reply if desired.
You have now learned how to send, view and reply to messages from students in your course using the Messages menu.