How do I setup VitalSource Engagement Dashboard (Learning Analytics) to my course in TITANium?
You will learn how to use the External Tool to add a link to the VitalSource Engagement Dashboard (also called Titan Direct Access, etextbook, Bookshelf, etc.).
The VitalSource Engagement Dashboard allows you to view all of your current etextbook usage by students. You can browse a variety of statistics regarding student use.
Follow these steps after you have added the link to the VitalSource etextbook.
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
Note: For the VitalSource/Titan Direct Access link to an etextbook, you will need to create one link in each course you teach. However, this Dashboard link only needs to be created one time. You will then be able to view all of your etextbook statistics.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Select Turn editing on.
4. Click on Add an activity or resource.
5. Select External tool.
6. Click on Add.
7. Type a title that makes sense to you.
8. Select 'VS Engagement Dashboard'
9. Under Grade, select None.
10. Click on Save and display.
11. The Welcome screen for VitalSource should appear.
12. Click on Next.
13. The tutorial will appear next.
14. Click on Begin Walkthrough to view the tutorials.
15. When you are done with the tutorials, your textbooks will appear.
Only the textbooks for which you have previously clicked on the VitalSource/Titan Direct Access link in your course will display. It may take 30 minutes or so for the books to appear after the time that you have clicked on the link.
16. Download the Instructor Manual.
The VitalSource Instructor Manual will provide detailed information about using the Dashboard to find the usage statistics that you are interested in. The manual may require a separate PDF viewer plugin. However, most web browsers can open a PDF without a separate program.
Now, make the link private so that students don't click on it.
17. Click on Edit.
18. Select Hide.
19. The link is now hidden from students.
You have now learned how to add a link to the VitalSource Engagement Dashboard to review your students' usage of the etextbook.