How do I enable Flash player within Safari on a Mac?
You will learn how to enable Adobe Flash player within your Safari web browser on your Mac computer.
2020 update: Since Flash Player is no longer supported by Adobe, it is recommended to not enable Flash Player in any web browser.
When you open a web page on your Mac which uses Flash player to control a video or some other Flash-based interaction and the Flash object does not display on your computer, then the Flash player plug-in might need to be enabled within the Safari web browser.
1. Click on the 'Click to use Flash' button if it is displayed.
If the Click to use Flash button appears, then you can simply click on it to enable Flash to play on that website.
2. If the web page does not display the 'Click to use Flash' button, then click on Safari then on Preferences.
3. On the Security tab, click on Plug-in settings.
4. Check the Adobe Flash Player box.
5. Select 'On' for the website or for all websites.
6. Click on Done.
7. The Flash video should now play.
You have now learned how to enable the Flash player plug-in for Safari on a Mac.