How do I update an embedded ShareStream video?
This guide has been update for TITANium 2020-2021.
You will learn how to update the embed code for a ShareStream video which you have previously embedded in a textbox within a resource or activity.
This is only necessary when we move to a new academic year.
Follow these steps after you have copied your course content (via Restore) and have copied your ShareStream videos (via the Pick n Play block's Course Media Copy Wizard or via the MediaManager).
1. Enter your course in TITANium 2020-2021.
2. Click on the resource or activity that has the video embedded.
For this example, a Book resource is used. However, a ShareStream video can be embedded in almost any textbox in your course.
3. Since this example is a Book, click on Turn editing on.
Note in this case, the video down below does not display. If the video does display, it will only be because you are currently logged in to the last academic year's TITANium.
Your students will not be able to see that video!
4. Click on the Gear icon.
5. Delete the video.
Click on the textbox and use Delete to remove the video.
6. Click on the ShareStream menu button.
Note the position of the I-bar in the textbox. It is in the location where I want to put the video.
7. Type the name of your video in the search box.
8. Click on the Search icon.
9. Click on your video
10. Click on Add.
11. Some text will display in the textbox.
12. Click on Save changes.
13. The video is now viewable by your students.
You have now learned how to re-embed a ShareStream video after having copied the course from a previous academic year to the current one.