How do I copy videos (media assets) from a Collection folder to my course?
You will learn how to copy videos from your department collection folder to your course. These instructions are for video assets already in the department collection folder in ShareStream.
1. Open your course in TITANium.
Before you can do the next step, you must add the ShareStream Pick-n-Play block.
2. Click on the Pick-n-Play block link.
This will create a course folder within ShareStream for this course.
3. Go to the ShareStream MediaManager webpage.
The ShareStream MediaManager allows you to copy one asset at a time to your course.
4. Wait for the page to load as it may take a minute or more.
All of the courses for which you have media (video, audio, etc.) or for which you have clicked on the Pick-n-Play block will be listed under the My Courses tab.
You may be redirected to the CSUF Portal, if your portal login is not recent enough.
5. Scroll down to the Collection folder.
6. Click on the name of your department.
7. Drill down to the desired sub-folder.
8. Locate the name of the video you want to copy.
Note: This method only allows you to copy one video at a time.
9. Right-mouse click on the video name.
Tip: Please only select one item at a time. You cannot copy two or more videos by selecting them. If you want to copy all of the videos, you can right-mouse click on a folder and copy the folder which will copy all of the videos in the folder.
10. Select Copy Asset.
Alert: Please don't select Move Asset or Delete. There is NO undo if you delete a video. It will have to be re-uploaded.
11. Click on the name of your course.
12. Click on OK.
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. The video has now been copied to your course.
Students can access the video via the Pick-n-Play block.
Repeat this process to copy additional videos.
15.1. Right-mouse click on the folder name in the left-side menu.
15.2. Select Copy Collection.
Alert: Do not select Delete Collection or Move Collection.
15.3. Click on the name of your course.
15.4. Click on OK.
15.5. Click on OK.
15.6. Click on OK.
15.7. The folder has been copied.
All of the videos in that folder are now visible to students using the Pick n Play block in your course.
You have now learned how to copy a video from your department collection folder to your course.