How do I apply my Rubric to grade an assignment in Turnitin?
You will learn how to apply a Standard rubric to grade a student's paper in a Turnitin assignment in your course. This Article assumes that you have already:
- Created a Turnitin assignment
- Created a Standard rubric
- Attached the rubric to this Turnitin assignment
Follow these steps below to grade a student's paper using your rubric.
1. Click on the Turnitin assignment link within your course.
2. Click on the Pencil icon to select a paper to grade.
The Assignment Inbox will only show the list of submitted papers. Students who have not yet submitted will not show up in the list.
3. The Turnitin Document Viewer displays the student's paper.
The student's work is displayed on the left and the QuickMark Commonly Used comments are on the right.
4. Click on the View/edit rubric scorecard for this paper icon.
In the bottom right-hand corner of the Turnitin Document Viewer, you will see an icon called the View/edit rubric scorecard for this paper icon.
5. The rubric will appear.
6. Hover your mouse over a scale to see the description.
7. Click on the appropriate rating for each Criterion.
8. Click on Apply rubric percentage to grade button.
The grade will transfer automatically to the gradebook in your course.
9. The student's paper is now graded.
10. Click on the X to close the window when you are finished.
You have now learned how to apply a rubric to grade a paper within a Turnitin assignment.