How do I use the Optional Settings in a Turnitin assignment?
After you have created a Turnitin assignment in TITANium, follow these steps to utilize the Optional settings.
2. Click on the Settings tab.
4. Allow late submissions option
5. Compare submitted papers against the following sources: option
6. Originality Report generation and resubmissions options
- Generate reports immediately (resubmissions are not allowed) is the default selection. This option creates the Originality Report immediately upon the student's submission, and does not allow the student to resubmit.
- Generate reports immediately (resubmissions are allowed until the due date) option allows the student to resubmit. The Originality Report is generated immediately for the initial submission. Students may resubmit until the due date but subsequent submissions will take 24 hour before a report is generated. Only the latest Report is available for students and faculty. Previous versions are removed once the student resubmits. This option can be useful if used in conjunction with allowing students to view the Originality Report as mentioned in Step 10 of this tutorial. Please NOTE: No Late Submissions (past DUE DATE) are allowed with this option.
- Generate reports on due date (resubmissions are allow until due date). This choice allows students to resubmit but only creates an Originality Report on the Due Date. Please NOTE: No Late Submissions (past DUE DATE) are allowed with this option.
7. Exclude bibliography materials from Similarity Index option
8. Exclude quoted materials option
9. Exclude small matches options
10. Allow students to view Originality Report option
11. Submissions to this assignment will be stored in: option
12. Add PeerMark assignments option
The default is No. Choosing Yes will change the nature of this assignment. It will become a peer assessment/evaluation assignment where students are assigned one or more papers to review and answer questions about. You will need to make a second Turnitin assignment if you want to later collect a final version of the paper.
13. Attach a rubric to this assignment option
14. Enable grammar checking using ETS e-rater technology? option
15. Enable grammar checking using ETS e-rater technology? expanded section options
The expanded e-rater section allows you to choose a grammar expectation level: Advanced, High School, Middle School, Elementary, and English Learners are the choices from top to bottom. Next, choose which English dictionary to use: US, UK or both. Finally, choose the categories to be evaluated: Spelling, Grammar, Usage, Mechanics, and Style.
16. Would you like to save these options as your defaults for future assignments? option
You have now learned how to use the Optional settings within a Turnitin assignment.