How do I manually enter an Answer Key into ParScore?
1. In ParScore open your course in the Course List.
3. Remove any unneeded versions from the Version list.
By default, for each Score Column you add, four versions are created (Version A, B, C, D). This means that you will need to create and scan one Answer Key for each version of your test/quiz/exam. If you are giving four versions of the same test, you will need four different keys: one for version A, one for version B, one for version C and one for version D.
If you are only giving one version of your test (or less than four versions), be sure to remove the other versions from the Version list by selecting each version individually and clicking on the Remove button.
4. Select the Category and Version for the Answer Key.
5. Click on the Edit Answer Keys button.
11. The Keys tab is now populated with the correct answer for the selected Version.
Repeat the process for each Answer Key version for that quiz/exam.
12. Set how the scanner should treat multiple marks on a student's answer sheet.
There are two choices.
And (e.g. A+B)
This choice will treat multiple marks for the same question as an incorrect choice.
Or (e.g. AB)
This choice will treat multiple marks for the same question as a multiple answer question - meaning that more than one answer should be chosen.
Note: You can set And (e.g. A+B) or Or (e.g. AB) on a question by question basis if your Answer Key has more than one answer choice marked as correct for a given question.
You have now learned how to manually enter an Answer Key(s) for an quiz/exam in ParScore.