How do I import grades from an Excel spreadsheet?
You will learn how to import grades from an Excel spreadsheet which you will first convert to a CSV text file.
Perform the following steps after you have exported an Excel spreadsheet from your TITANium course. In order to properly match your student data with the gradebook, it is best to start with a exported Excel file from TITANium.
1. Open the Excel spreadsheet.
Tip: You can add one or more columns to the Excel spreadsheet.
2. Click on File.
3. Click on Save as.
4. Select the location on your computer where you want to save the file.
5. Select CSV from the dropdown list.
6. Click on Save.
7. Click on Yes.
8. Enter your Course.
9. Click on Grades.
10. Select Import>CSV file in the dropdown menu.
11. Drag your CSV file to the File upload area.
This error is because you tried to upload an Excel file not a CSV file. This process only accepts CSV.
12. Check the Force import checkbox.
Note: You only need to select the checkbox for Force import if you already have some grades in the column(s) you want to populate with new grades.
13. Click on Upload grades.
14. Make sure that CSV file is selected from the dropdown menu.
15. Select Email address in the Map from dropdown menu.
16. Select Email address in the Map to dropdown menu.
17. Match only grade items you want to replace.
18. Click on Upload grades.
19. Click on Continue.
Your gradebook is now updated with the new grades.
You have now learned how to import a CSV-formatted Excel spreadsheet in order to update some or all of the grades within your gradebook.