How do I add a Category to the gradebook?
You will learn how to add a Category to your gradebook in your course in TITANium. Categories are useful for organizing related items, dropping the lowest score, aggregating some Grade items differently than the rest of the Grade items, and showing subtotals.
Follow these steps to create a new Category.
1. Click on the Grades link in the Administration block.
Click the Grades link in the Administration block to access the gradebook. The Administration block is by default the first block in the left-hand column of your course main page.
2. Click to expand Setup and choose Categories and Items.
3. Click on Add Category at the bottom of the page.
Scroll down to the bottom of the Categories and items page and click on Add category.
4. Provide a name for the category and click Save changes at the bottom of page.
The default aggregation for a new Category is "Natural" which is sum of grades.
5. The new Category will appear as a folder in Categories and items.
6. You can edit this category anytime just like you would a grade item.
To edit this Category, click on the blue Edit link to the right of the category, then choose Edit Settings in the sub menu. You will be taken to the Edit category page which is similar to the New category page where you can make changes to the Category. Remember to save your changes when you are finished.
8. The new Category appears on the right of the Grader report as a folder with a sub-total column.
Tip: It is better to create all Categories before creating Grade items.
You have now learned how to create a Category in the gradebook in your course in TITANium.