How do I use Natural aggregation with extra credit?
You will learn how to use the "Natural" aggregation method with an extra credit grade item within the gradebook in your course. The Natural aggregation method is the default for TITANium. This means that the grade items are summed up to reach the course total. If a student does not receive a score for the extra credit grade item, it will not count against him.
3. The Grader report will display.
The Grader report page displays as the default entry point into the gradebook for instructors. The Grader report page is similar to a spreadsheet showing all of the student names and the Grade items for your course. Students will only see the User report page which shows only their own grades.
There are several functions you can perform within the Grader report page. You can enter student grades in existing grade items, you can view the student grades at a glance, and you can easily navigate to other pages within the Grade administration module.
4. Click on Setup to expand that section.
6. The Categories and items page displays.
The Categories and items page is where you add and organize Grade items and Categories (folders of Grade items). You can also create custom calculations and choose various methods of aggregating grade items.
7. Here is the Categories and items page with the Grade items added.
8. To create the extra credit grade item, lick on Add grade item.
14. Tick the Extra credit check box.
16. The Extra Credit Paper grade item now is marked as extra credit.
19. The User report displays the student's view of the gradebook.
This student has not been given any points for the extra credit assignment.
You have now learned how to use the Natural (default) aggregation method with an extra credit grade item.