How do I use Natural aggregation with extra credit?
You will learn how to use the "Natural" aggregation method with an extra credit grade item within the gradebook in your course. The Natural aggregation method is the default for TITANium. This means that the grade items are summed up to reach the course total. If a student does not receive a score for the extra credit grade item, it will not count against him.
This guide has been updated for TITANium 2019-2020.
1. View the grade breakdown in your syllabus.
Note the extra credit assignment.
|Bio and Photo||25|
|Extra Credit Paper||+25|
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Select Gradebook setup.
4. Gradebook setup page displays.
The Gradebook setup page is where you add and organize Grade items and Categories (folders of Grade items). You can also create custom calculations and choose various methods of aggregating grade items.
Read this guide to learn how to create grade items.
The Natural aggregation method is the default for TITANium. This means that the grade items are summed up to reach the course total.
5. To create the extra credit grade item, lick on Add grade item.
6. Type a name for the new grade item.
7. Type 25 for Maximum grade.
8. Tick the Extra credit box.
Follow these step if you cannot tick the extra credit box.
1. Click on Save changes.
2. Click on Edit to the right of the Extra credit grade item.
3. Select Edit settings.
4. Tick the Extra credit box.
5. Click on Save changes.
6. The extra credit mark now displays.
9. Click on Save changes.
10. The Extra Credit Paper grade item is marked as extra credit.
The + symbol with the dots under it signifies that a grade item is marked as extra credit. Note that the Course total is still 650 points. The same as it was before we added the extra credit grade item.
You have now learned how to use the Natural (default) aggregation method with an extra credit grade item.