How do I create a simple gradebook for a face-to-face course?
You will learn how to add Grade items to the gradebook for a simple "Natural" or sum of grades gradebook where students can view their grades for your face-to-face course.
3. The Grader report page will display.
The Grader report page displays as the default entry point into the gradebook for instructors. The Grader report page is similar to a spreadsheet showing all of the student names and the Grade items for your course. Students will only see the User report page which shows only their own grades.
4. Click on Setup.
6. The Categories and items page will display.
The Categories and items page is where you add and organize Grade items and Categories (folders of Grade items). You can also create custom calculations and choose various methods of aggregating Grade items.
7. Click on Add grade item.
11. The Grade item now displays on the Categories and items page.
12. Repeat this process to add the remaining Grade items for your course.
Note that the Max grade column for the Course total will automatically adjust for each Grade item you create.
14. The Grader report page now displays all of the Grade items you created.
15. Students can only view their own grades in the User report.
You have now learned how to setup a basic gradebook for your face-to-face course.