How do I bring in specific content from a course backup file?
You will learn how to import or bring in specific content from a course backup file. For example, say you want to re-use a quiz from a course you taught a couple of years ago.
Follow these steps to use the Restore tool to copy a Quiz activity from a course backup file.
1. Enter your destination course in TITANium.
2. Click on the Restore link in the Administration block.
3. Scroll down to the User private backup area and click on the Restore link for the desired backup file.
Read this guide to learn how to upload a file to your Private user backup area if the file is not listed.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Continue.
5. Select Merge the backup course into this course.
For instructors it is essential that Merge the backup course into this course is selected.
6. Click on Continue.
7. On the Restore settings page, deselect all of the check boxes except 'Include activities and resourses'.
8. Scroll down the page and click on Next.
9. On the Course settings page, leave the Overwrite course configuration set to NO.
It is essential that you leave coursewrite at No; otherwise, you will disenroll yourself and your students from your own course.
10. Click on the None link to deselect all resources and activities.
11. Check the Section and all of the items you want to import.
In order to check the activity or resources you want to import, you must first check the box next to the Topic section.
12. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Next.
13. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Perform restore.
14. Click on Continue when the restore is completed.
15. The desired activity is now located in the same Section as in the original course.
You have now learned how to bring in specific activities or resources from a course backup file using the Restore tool.