How do I bring in specific content from a course backup file?
You will learn how to copy specific content from a course backup file. For example, say you want to re-use a quiz from a course you taught a couple of years ago.
Follow these steps to use the Restore tool to copy a Quiz activity from a course backup file.
1. Enter your destination course in TITANium.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Select Restore.
4. Scroll down to the User private backup area.
Read this guide to learn how to upload a file to your Private user backup area if the file is not listed.
5. Locate the desired course and click on Restore.
6. Be sure that 'Merge the backup course into this course' is selected.
For instructors it is essential that Merge the backup course into this course is selected.
7. Click on Continue.
8. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Continue.
9. Deselect the settings you don't want.
In this sample, we only want to copy a single activity, so only 'Include activities and resources' is ticked. If you are copying a quiz, you must also have 'Include question bank' ticked (if this option is available).
10. Click on Next.
11. Make sure that 'Course overwrite' is set to No.
It is essential that you leave coursewrite at No; otherwise, you will disenroll yourself and your students from your own course.
12. Click on None.
Tip: Clicking on None will deselect all activities and resources. If you are only copying a few items, then this is the easiest way to go about it.
13. Scroll down to the activity or resource you want to copy into your current course.
14. Tick the Topic section.
In order to check the activity or resources you want to import, you must first check the box next to the Topic section.
15. Tick the activity or resource you want to copy.
16. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Next.
17. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Perform restore.
18. The restore process will commence.
19. Click on Continue.
20. The desired activity is now in my current course.
You have now learned how to bring in specific activities or resources from a course backup file using the Restore tool.