How do I import a single Activity (like a Quiz) from another course?
You will learn how to import a Quiz activity from one course into another. This is useful if you teach more than one section of a course. You can set up a Quiz activity in one section, then import it (and the question bank) into a new section. You can follow this procedure for any activity or resource within one of your courses. You will use the Import tool.
1. Enter the destination course.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Click on Import.
4. Select the course where the quiz is located.
4.1. If the course is not listed, type the name into the search box.
4.2. click on Search.
4.3. Select the desired course.
5. Click on the Continue button.
6. Select the Backup settings you want.
In this case we are importing only one Quiz activity, so we don't want any of the settings other than to "Include activities and resources" and "Include question bank".
The question bank is included because the Quiz being imported has
7. Click on Next.
8. Click on None.
In this guide we are only importing a single resource, so we will deselect all of the other activities and resources.
9. Click on the Topic section title.
10. Click on the desired resource or activity.
11. Scroll down the page and click on Next.
12. Scroll down the page and click on Perform import.
13. Allow the process to complete.
14. Click on Continue.
15. Now the Quiz displays on your course main page.
Also, the questions associated with this Quiz are now in the course Question bank.
You have now learned how to import a Quiz from one course into another using the Import tool.