How do I import a single Activity (like a Quiz) from another course?
You will learn how to import a Quiz activity from one course into another. This is useful if you teach more than one section of a course. You can set up a Quiz activity in one section, then import it (and the question bank) into a new section. You can follow this procedure for any activity or resource within one of your courses. You will use the Import tool.
1. Enter the destination course.
2. Click on Import.
The Import link is in the Administration block which by default is the first block in the left-hand column of the course main page.
3. Select the course where the quiz is located.
4. Use the Search field if the course is not listed.
5. Click on continue.
6. Select the Backup settings you want.
In this case we are importing only one Quiz activity, so we don't want any of the settings other than to "Include activities and resources" and "Include question bank".
7. Click on Next.
8. Check only the resources and activities you want to import.
In order to select a Resource or Activity, you must also select the main course page Section in which the Activity or Resource is located.
9. Only the Section and the desired Quiz have been selected.
10. Scroll down the page and click on Next.
11. Scroll down the page and click on Perform import.
12. Allow the process to complete.
13. Click on Continue.
14. Now the Quiz displays on your course main page.
Also, the questions associated with this Quiz are now in the course Question bank.
You have now learned how to import a Quiz from one course into another using the Import tool.