How do I enter grades in the Grader report?
You will learn how to enter student grades and text comments directly into the gradebook using the Grader report page.
The Grader report is like a spreadsheet where you can click on a cell to enter data. Entering grades via the Grader report is a typical process for offline (face-to-face) activities, like an in-class essay or exam.
1. Click on Grades in the Nav drawer.
2. The Grader report page displays.
The Grader report is a spreadsheet type format.
3. Click on the cell where you want to enter the grade.
4. Type the grade value.
5. Type a comment if desired in the next field.
6. Click on the next cell or hit the Enter key.
7. The grade and comment have now been entered for this student.
Tip: The colored background in this case is to let you know that the grade has been entered. If you refresh the page, the cell will no longer have a colored background.
Note: If any cells are colored, when you return to the Grader report, then those grades count as Overrides. Read this guide to learn how to remove an override.
8. The Course total column is updated with each entry.
The default Course total aggregation method is Natural, meaning a sum of grade points entered into all of the grade item columns.
You can also enter grades in Single View.
You have now learned how to enter grades and comments in the Grader report.