How do I restore a course from a backup file?
You will learn how to use a TITANium course backup file (.MBZ file type) to restore your course or to import all of the resources and activities into your course.
Follow these steps to restore a course from a backup file, assuming the backup file is on your local computer:
This guide has been updated for TITANium 2019-2020.
Enter the new/destination course in TITANium.
Follow these steps to upload a backup file to your User private backup area.
1. Click on the Gear icon.
2. Select Restore.
3. Scroll down to the User private backup area.
4. Click on Manage backup files.
5. Drag the backup file to the file upload area.
6. Click on Save changes.
7. The backup file is now listed in the User private backup area.
Follow these steps to use Restore to copy the course content into your new/destination course.
1. Return to the course main page.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Select on Restore.
4. Scroll down to the User private backup area.
5. Find the backup file and click on Restore.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Continue.
7. Select Merge the backup course into this course.
For best results and to not remove yourself from your own course, choose to merge this backup file in with whatever content is already in the course.
8. Click on Continue.
9. Select which restore setting you want.
Choose whether to include blocks, filters, calendar events, groups/groupings and competencies. Generally speaking, leaving the defaults selected is usually the best choice.
10. Click on Next.
11. Deselect any content items you do not want
For example, you could deselect the Announcements forum. Otherwise, you will have two of them. One of which, you will need to delete after the restore process is finished.
12. Click on Next.
13. Perform restore.
There is no going back after clicking on the Perform restore button.
Keep in mind this process will not delete any content. It will only add content.
14. The content has been added to the course.
You will need to do some clean up. For example, you now have two Announcement forums. So, delete one.
Do you have any Turnitin or VitalSource or other External tools? If so, they will need to be relinked.
You have now learned how to use a TITANium course backup file (.MBZ file type) to restore your course.