How do I add a Page?
You will learn how to add a Page to your course in TITANium. The Page resource enables you to add content to a sub-page of your course main page. Pages may contain text, images, video, flash multimedia, mp3 audio, etc.
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Select Turn editing on.
The Gear menu reveals the following links: Edit settings, Turn editing on, Filters, Gradebook setup, Outcomes, Backup, Restore, Import, Recycle bin, Reset, and More...
4. Click on Add resource or activity.
5. Select Page from the Resources list.
6. Click on Add.
7. Type in a Title for the new Page.
8. Type a Description if desired.
Ticking the checkbox at the bottom will cause the Description to be displayed on the course main page.
9. Enter your content in the Page content section.
You can add text, images, video, flash multimedia, mp3 audio, hyperlinks, etc.
In this example, we are going to embed a video from another website using an iframe code that we obtain from the other site. You don't need to know any HTML or other coding to do this. It is just copy and paste.
Follow these sub-steps to learn how to add an iframe with embedded video.
9.1. Click on the Show more buttons icon.
9.2. Click on the HTML icon.
9.3. Navigate to the desired webpage.
9.4. Click on the + icon
The location of the iframe embed code may be available through "embed", "iframe", or other name.
9.5. Copy the iframe code
9.6. Paste the iframe code in the textbox.
10. Adjust the Appearance settings.
By default a Page when clicked on will open within the same window. However, you can set it to open in a Pop-in window if desired. If you select to open in a pop-up you can also set the dimensions of the pop-up window in pixels.
11. Adjust the Common module settings.
In the Common module settings section you can set whether to Show or Hide this page from students and you can assign an ID number if desired. The ID number is used when creating a customized aggregation method in your gradebook. Otherwise, an ID number is not necessary.
12. Adjust the Restrict access settings.
To learn how to use the Restrict access settings, read one of these articles:
- How do I use Groups and Restrict access to limit access to an Activity?
- How do I use Restrict access to hide a Section on my course main page?
- How do I hide a Section on my course main page until a student completes a previous Activity?
- How do I set my Topic sections to become visible to students by date?
13. Click on Save and return to course.
Click Save and return to course to view the course main page.
Click on Save and display to view the newly created Page resource.
14. The newly created Page resource now displays on the course main page.
15. Clicking on the link will display the newly made Page.
You have now learned how to add a Page to your course in TITANium.