How do I add a Wiki activity?
You will learn how to add a Wiki activity to your course in TITANium. With the Wiki activity module you can create individual or collaborative wikis where students can use text, images, video, hyperlinks, etc. to build web pages.
Follow these steps to add a collaborative Wiki activity to your course.
1. Enter your course.
2. Turn editing on.
Click the Turn editing on link within the ADMINISTRATION block or click on the Turn editing on button at the top right-corner of the course main page.
3. Click on Add an activity or resource .
4. Select Wiki.
5. Click on Add.
6. Type a Wiki name and Description.
7. Select Collaborative wiki for the Wiki mode.
Collaborative wiki allows the students to work together on the same wiki. Individual wiki, the other possible selection, allows students to only see and contribute to their own wiki.
8. Type a title for the First page name.
9. Select HTML for Default format and check the box for Force format.
10. Select Separate groups for Group mode.
Read this article to learn how to make Groups. Separate groups allows students to work collaboratively but not see what other groups are doing. Visible groups allows students to work collaboratively and see what other groups are doing.
11. Select all groups for Grouping.
"all groups" is the name of the grouping which was previously created for this course.
12. Click on Add restriction.
13. Click on Grouping.
14. Select all groups in the Grouping field.
If a student is not included in the Grouping called "all groups" then he/she will not be able to access the Wiki activity.
15. Click on Save and display.
You have now learned how to add the Wiki activity to your course.