How do I add Scheduler activity?
You will learn how to add a Scheduler activity to your course in TITANium. The Scheduler activity module allows you to schedule appointments with students or groups of students, and to assign a grade if desired.
Follow these steps to create a Scheduler activity.
1. Enter your course.
2. Turn editing on.
Click the Turn editing on link within the ADMINISTRATION block or click on the Turn editing on button at the top right-corner of the course main page.
3. Click on Add an activity or resource .
4. Select Scheduler.
5. Click on Add.
6. Type a Name and Introduction.
7. Choose Students can register for 1 appointment in this scheduler.
Scrolling down to the Mode section, choose 1 for Students can register, and choose in this scheduler for appointment(s). This will allow each student to only make one appointment.
8. In the Grade section, choose select Point and 5 as the Maximum points.
To change this Activity to Extra credit, read this article on How do I create an Extra Credit assignment?.
9. For Grading strategy, leave it at Take the mean grade.
10. For Notifications, choose Yes.
11. Click on Save and display.
12. Click on Add slots.
On the scheduling page, click on Add slots.
13. Select Add repeated slots.
14. Select begin and end dates for the appointments.
15. Check days of the week.
In this example, only Tuesday and Thursday are checked.
16. Select start and end times.
Select a Start time and and End time for the block of time that you have available for meeting. In this example, 13:00 to 15:00 allows a two-hour block of time.
17. Choose Yes for Divide into slots.
To automatically create 15-minute blocks of time for appointments, select Yes for Divide into slots?.
18. Type 15 for minutes per slot.
19. Leave Break between slots at 0 minutes.
20. Leave Force when overlap at No.
21. Leave Allow multiple students per slot at 1.
22. Type the meeting location.
23. Select the Teacher for these appointments.
24. Select Now for Display appointments to students from.
25. Select On the morning of the appointment for Email a reminder.
26. Click on Save changes.
27. The slots have now been added.
The students can now sign up for a given time slot. You can then give them a grade, add comments, etc.
You have now learned how to create a Scheduler activity for your course in TITANium.