How do I add a Choice activity?
You will learn how to create a Choice activity for your course in TITANium. The Choice activity allows you to ask students to make a choice among options you determine, such as choosing a time to meet with you, choosing a date to give a student presentation, choosing a presentation topic, or choosing a group to join.
1. Enter your course.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Turn editing on.
The Gear menu reveals the following links: Edit settings, Turn editing on, Filters, Gradebook setup, Outcomes, Backup, Restore, Import, Recycle bin, Reset, and More...
4. Click on Add resource or activity.
5. Select Choice.
6. Click on Add.
7. Type a title for the Choice activity.
8. Type a Description if desired.
9. Decide whether to display the description on the course main page.
10. Decide whether to allow the student to change his/her choice after first selecting a choice.
11. Decide whether the student can select more than one choice.
For this sample Choice activity, we want the students to only select one choice without being allowed to change their selection afterward.
12. Decide whether to limit how many students can select each choice.
Creating a limit to the number of responses allowed, lets you determine how many students can make that choice.
13. Type names for the options and set a limit.
So, each Option now has a name and a limit of four students can select that option.
14. Set Open and Close dates, if desired.
15. Change the Publish results setting to allow students to see each other.
In this sample, we want the students to know who they will be working with in each group. This will allow them to send a message to each other to coordinate their group's activities.
16. Select whether to have the results anonymous.
17. Select whether to show the students who have not yet made a selection.
18. Adjust the remaining settings as desired.
19. Click on Save and return to course.
20. View course with Choice activity link.
21. View Choice activity.
22. If any of the students do not respond by the deadline, you can select for them.
You have learned how to create a Choice activity for your students within your course.