How do I add a Chat activity?
You will learn how to create a Chat activity within your course in TITANium. The Chat activity is a simple text chat tool allowing you to have synchronous communication with your students or student to student.
1. Enter your TITANium course.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Turn editing on.
The Gear menu reveals the following links: Edit settings, Turn editing on, Filters, Gradebook setup, Outcomes, Backup, Restore, Import, Recycle bin, Reset, and More...
4. Click on Add resource or activity.
5. Select Chat.
6. Click on Add.
7. Type a Name and Description.
8. Set the date and time for the next chat.
9. Choose Repeat/publish session times settings.
This example is for a weekly chat, so "At the same time every week" could be chosen, or for a more informal experience allowing the group to chat any time they want, leave at the default of not publishing the chat times.
10. Decide how long to keep the chat text archive.
11. Choose whether everyone can see the past sessions.
Choosing Yes will allow all students to view past sessions. Note, however, in the next step that this Chat is going to be set for Separate groups, so therefore only the group members will see only their own group's past sessions. Do you want to learn how to create groups or groupings?
12. Set the Common module settings.
13. Select Separate groups.
In this example, we are creating a group chat, so select Separate groups. This will allow only members of each group to see and chat with other members of that same group. Do you want to learn how to create groups or groupings?
14. Select the name of the grouping, if needed.
15. Set Restrict access settings if desired.
16. Click on Save and return to course.
17. View the Chat activity link on your course main page.
18. View of the Chat tool.
19. A Sample chat
You have now learned how to create a weekly chat session for your students in your course in TITANium.