How do I add a URL or external hyperlink?
You will learn how to add a hyperlink to an external website or other resources on the World Wide Web using the URL resource in your course in TITANium.
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Turn editing on.
The Gear menu reveals the following links: Edit settings, Turn editing on, Filters, Gradebook setup, Outcomes, Backup, Restore, Import, Recycle bin, Reset, and More...
4. Click on Add activity or resource.
5. Select URL from the Resources list.
6. Click on Add.
7. Type in a title in the Name field.
8. Type a Description if desired.
9. In a new window or tab, navigate to the target web page or resource.
10. Copy the URL from the target web page or resource.
Select the URL as listed in the Address bar and right-mouse click. Then, choose Copy. Or, select the URL and press Ctrl+C (for a PC) or Apple+C (on a Mac).
11. Paste the target's URL in the External URL field.
12. Adjust the Apearance settings if desired.
By default the URL (or new web page) will open in a new window or tab. However, you can change that setting, so that it opens embedded in the same window (Embed). You can set it to open in a Pop-up or to open replacing the current page.
13. Adjust the Common module settings if desired.
In the Common module settings section you can set whether to Show or Hide this page from students and you can assign an ID number if desired. The ID number is used when creating a customized aggregation method in your gradebook. Otherwise, an ID number is not necessary.
14. Adjust the Restrict access settings if desired.
To learn how to use the Restrict access settings, read one of these guides:
- How do I use Groups and Restrict access to limit access to an Activity?
- How do I use Restrict access to hide a Section on my course main page?
- How do I hide a Section on my course main page until a student completes a previous Activity?
- How do I set my Topic sections to become visible to students by date?
15. Click on Save and return to course.
16. The URL now appears on the course main page.
You have now learned how to add a hyperlink to an external web page or web resource using the URL tool in TITANium.