How do I add a folder?
You will learn how to create a folder in your course and how to add some content.
A folder is useful for displaying multiple files or other course resources which saves space on the course main page.
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Select Turn editing on.
The Gear menu reveals the following links: Edit settings, Turn editing on, Filters, Gradebook setup, Outcomes, Backup, Restore, Import, Recycle bin, Reset, and More...
4. Click on Add an activity or resource.
5. Select Folder from the Resources list.
6. Click on Add.
7. Type in a Name for the folder.
8. Type a description in the Description text box.
This step is optional for a Folder. You can add many different kinds of content to a text box, such as plain text, formatted text, hyperlinks, images, video, iframe content, math equations, tables, etc.
9. Decide whether to display the description on the course main page.
This step is optional for a Folder. The Default is unchecked.
10. Drag a file to upload.
Drag the file from your computer to the upload area to upload the file (or set of files) to this Folder. The file upload size limit is determined in the course-level Editing settings and by the TITANium administrators. The current limit is 100MB.
You can also click on the Create folder icon to create an organized structure to your files.
11. Restrict access options.
The Restrict access settings allow you to show/hide this resource to individual students, groups and/or groupings. Read this guide to learn how to use the Restrict access settings with groups.
12. Click on Save and return to course.
This step will save your work and return you to the course main page.
13. The Folder is now on the course main page.
14. Students can now view the folder.
Click on the folder title to see inside.
15. Student view of the folder.
Here is the student view of this folder and its contents.
You have now learned how to create a folder within your course and how to add content to that folder.