How do I merge two or more courses in TITANium?
You will learn how to merge the enrollments from two or more courses in TITANium.
For example, you may have an online course which also has a Course Match section. To save yourself time, you can merge the enrollments into the main course.
Another advantage of merging enrollments is that this link is dynamic, meaning if a student drops or adds one of the course sections, it will be reflected in the master course as well.
1. Enter the main course.
This is the course where you will bring the enrollment from the other cours (s) into.
2. Click on the Participants link.
3. Click on the Gear icon.
The Participants page is where you can view your students, assign roles, check their status, verify which group they are in, see when their last login to the course was, etc.
Attention: Now is a good time to consider whether you would like to have the students from each of the two courses be in separate groups. Why? It will make submitting final semester grades a little easier, as you will be able to see at a glance which course section each student belongs to.
1. Click on the Gear icon.
2. Select Groups.
3. Click on Auto-create groups.
4. Type a name for the group.
5. Type "1" for the number of groups to create.
6. Select Student for role.
7. Select New grouping.
8. Type a name for the grouping.
9. Click on Submit.
10. You have now made a new group and a new grouping.
11. Click on Participants to return to the Participants page.
4. Select Enrollment methods link.
5. Select the Dropdown menu for Add method.
6. Select Course meta link.
7. Type in the first part the other course title.
8. Click on the desired course
9. Select Create new group.
10. Click on Add method.
11. The enrollments have now been merged.
12. Click on Participants.
13. Note that the students are in separate groups.
The students from the second section are in a group with the name of that course. Since in this example, the students in the master course were put into a group called "Section 01", they are in that group. This allows you to sort by group or to deliver instructional content to one group but not the other, if desired.
Removing the meta link will delete all of the work that those students have done in the course, including grades, forum posts, assignments, etc.
1. Click on the Gear icon in the Participants page.
2. Select Enrollment methods.
3. Click on the Trash can icon.
4. Click on Continue.
5. Click on Continue.
Those merged enrollments are now gone from your master course.
You have now learned how to do a course merge, so that enrollments from two or more courses are now listed in one master course.
Remember to only make the master course visible to students and to put all of your instructional content and communications in that one course.
Read this guide to learn how to make a course visible to your students.