How do I upload a SoftChalk ZIP package to my course?
You will learn how to upload a ZIP packaged lesson to your course in TITANium, such as a SoftChalk, Camtasia, Captivate or Articulate lesson. These regular ZIP packaged lessons do not report to the gradebook.
Follow these steps to upload one of the Online Readiness Module ZIP packages that students should view but not report a grade to the gradebook.
If you want to use the Online Readiness lessons, click on the lesson you want to use.
1. Enter your course.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Select Turn editing on.
4. Drag the ZIP package to the Topic section where you want it to be.
5. Select Create file resource.
Unzip files and create folder will indeed unzip your package and create a Folder resource with the files placed inside of it. This is useful if you have a bunch of documents or files you want the students to download and view.
Create file resource simply places your ZIP file on the course main page for download. Creating a file resource will allow us to unpackage the presentation/lesson so that students can view it.
Add a SCORM package is only for ZIP packages that are created specifically for SCORM interaction with the gradebook.
6. Click on Upload.
7. Click on Edit.
At this point, if a student clicks on the file, it will download, not open.
8. Select Edit settings.
9. Update the Name and Description if desired.
10. Click on the zip package.
11. Click on Unzip.
12. Click on 'Index.html'.
The Index.html file is the starting point for a SoftChalk lesson. If you made the lesson or ZIP package with a different program, then the beginning file will have a different name.
13. Click on Set main file.
14. The Index.html page text is now in bold.
15.1. Select New window in Display.
There are seven different choices for what to do with the file:
- Automatic will open the file embedded in the page.
- Embed will open the file embedded in the page (same as Automatic).
- New window will open the file within a new Tab or Window.
- Force download is the default and will cause the file to download. Do not select this choice.
- Open will open the file in a bottom frame.
- In-pop will open the file in a pop-up window which you can size as desired. However, a web browser's pop-up blocker might block this from opening.
15.2. Click on Show more only if you have selected 'In pop-up'.
15.3. Type pixel values for the width and height.
The default setting might be a little small, but you should choose dimensions that won't be larger than your own monitor or laptop screen. Maybe, 1280 x 720 or a little smaller.
16. Adjust the Common module settings.
17. Adjust Restrict access settings.
18. Add Tags if desired.
20. Click on Save and return to course.
21. The link is now on your course main page and ready to use.
22. The lesson opens when clicked on.
You have now learned how to upload a ZIP package of a lesson made outside of TITANium. As a reminder, this lesson does NOT report to the gradebook.