OET Staff: How do I upload videos to a collection and link that collection to an instructor's course?
Follow these steps to upload video and/or audio assets to a Collection within ShareStream MediaManager and then link that Collection to an instructor's course in TITANium.
1. Enter the Instructor's course in TITANium.
2. Click on the MediaManager link.
In order to add a block, you must first enroll yourself in that course.
If the MediaManager doesn't log you in when you click on the link (see screenshot below), click on the link to the course main page, then click on the MediaManager link again.
You may need to delete your web browser history, close the web browser, then open it again. Or, try a different web browser, like Chrome or FireFox.
Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 might not play the videos hosted in ShareStream, so use Chrome or another web browser.
3. If the MediaManager Wizard appears, select No.
If there are no assets in this course's ShareStream MediaManager folder, the MediaManager Wizard will load.
On the contrary, if there are assets to bring in from another course or folder within ShareStream, then click on Yes. Type the name of the course and select.
4. Click on Proceed.
5. The MediaManager will load.
6. Click on MediaManager Multi-Course View.
7. The Multi-Course view of the MediaManager should load in a new window.
All of the courses you have accessed with MediaManager at the course level will display. Once you enter the MediaManager through a course, the folder for that course will stay in your list.
8. Click on Collections Folder.
It should be down toward the bottom of the list of folders.
9. Click on the folder for OET.
10. Click on the instructor's name.
Follow these steps to add a new folder.
10.1. Right-mouse click on the Collections Folder.
10.2. Select Add Collection.
10.3. Type the instructor's name.
10.4. Click on Save Collection.
10.5. Click on OK.
10.6. The instructor's folder is now listed.
11. Click on Uploader.
12. Drag your video files to the file upload area.
10 is the maximum number of video and audio assets you can upload per batch. You can upload several batches in the same upload session.
The maximum file size upload limit using a web browser is 3 GB.
13. Wait for the files to upload and transcode.
Longer videos will of course take longer to upload and transcode. Videos will be transcoded to M4V (at least 2 versions will be created based on data rate). Audio will be transcoded to M4A (at least two versions based on data rate).
14. Edit the Title and Description for each asset if needed.
15. When the upload and transcode is complete, click on Publish All Assets.
16. Click on My Collections.
17. Click on the OET folder.
18. Click on the checkbox to the right of the instructor's folder.
19. Click on Publish All Assets.
20. Once you have a checkmark over each thumbnail, click on the X to close the Uploader window.
21. The video assets are now located in the instructor's folder.
22. Right-click on the instructor's folder.
23. Select Link Collection.
24. Select the name of the course folder where you want to link the videos.
25. Click on OK.
26. Click on OK.
27. Click on OK.
28. Click on the name of the destination course.
Note the shortcut to the instructor's folder. So, from this point on any video or audio asset you upload to instructor's folder in the the Collection folder will become available to the instructor via their course.
For additional course sections or future courses, the instructor must copy his/her media assets using the MediaManager Wizard or directly within the MediaManager Multi-Course View.
29. Click on the instructor's name and the videos will be listed.
30. Those linked videos will now be available to the instructor in their course, but not in their Pick-n-Play.
You have now learned how to upload and link videos to a specific instructor's course in ShareStream and TITANium.