OET has uploaded some videos for me. What do I do next?
You will learn how to use the videos that Online Education and Training (OET) has uploaded for you.
Follow these steps once you have received notification from OET (usually via email) that your videos (or audio) are uploaded and are ready for you to use in your teaching.
First you need to decide how you want your students to view the video.
1. Add the ShareStream Pick-n-Play block to your course.
Read this guide on how to add the Pick-n-Play block. Your videos should all display within that block. Students can view the Pick-n-Play block and can view the videos listed within.
2. Click on the ShareStream Pick-n-Play link to verify that your videos are present.
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
2. Navigate to where you want to insert the video.
In this guide, the video is going to be inserted into a Page resource which already exists. However, you can add a video or audio to almost any resource or activity textbox within your course in TITANium.
3. Click on the link.
4. Go to the Gear and select Edit settings.
5. Click where you want to add the video.
6. Click on the ShareStream button.
7. Check the box of the desired video.
Depending upon the number of videos you have, you may need to go to the next page.
8. Click on Add.
9. The video will display in the textbox.
10. Click on Save and display.
11. Click the Play icon on the video.
12. Click on the Hamburger icon to select to show subtitles (captions).
If your videos have been copied to your Sandbox by OET, follow these steps to copy those videos to the desired course.
1. Enter your Sandbox course.
2. Add the ShareStream Pick-n-Play block.
Read this guide to learn how to add the ShareStream Pick-n-Play and MediaManager blocks.
3. Click on the link to the Pick-n-Play link.
The reason to click on the Pick-n-Play link is so that you will receive permissions for that course folder in ShareStream.
In order to access your videos in ShareStream for each course, you must click on the Pick-n-Play link or upload a video to an activity or resource directly.
4. Pick-n-Play displays the videos which are available.
5. Enter the destination course.
6. Add the Pick-n-Play block, if you have not already done so.
7. Click on the Pick-n-Play link.
This will create a course folder within ShareStream for this course, if that hasn't yet been done.
8. Course Media Copy Wizard displays.
If you have no media assets in this course, the Course Media Copy Wizard will display.
If you want to copy all of the videos from your source course (Sandbox, in this case), click on Yes.
If you only want specific videos, click on Skip.
You have now learned how to access and how to insert videos/audio uploaded to ShareStream by OET.