How do I copy media assets in MediaManager?
You will learn that media assets in ShareStream (such as video and audio files) must be copied for each course in which you want to use them.
This guide will show you how to copy media assets using the MediaManager block in your course.
This guide has been updated for TITANium 2019-2020.
First, decide whether you want to copy all of your media assets or just select ones:
The best way to copy all of your media assets is to use the Pick-n-Play block instead of the MediaManager, unless you already have some videos in the destination course.
1. Enter your destination course.
This is the course where you want to copy the media assets to. For example, if you have two sections of the same course, you copy the course content in TITANium, then you copy the media assets in ShareStream. Both steps need to be taken for each course and each term.
2. Click on the Pick-n-Play block.
In order to create a course folder in ShareStream, you must first click on the Pick-n-Play link in your course.
3. Return to your course main page.
Note: The Course Media Copy Wizard will only display in the Pick-n-Play block if you have no videos in that course. Using the Course Media Copy Wizard is the easiest way to copy ALL of your videos from one course to another.
Follow these steps if you already have some videos in your current course.
4. Click on the Link in the MediaManager block.
5. Click on Yes.
If this Wizard or the Media Manager does not load, clear your browser history and re-login to the CSUF Portal.
6. Type the name of your sandbox course
7. Select that course
8. Click on Proceed.
9. Click on OK.
10. Media Manager loads.
11. Student view of the Pick n Play.
If you have never used the MediaManager or the Pick-n-Play block for this course (in other words, you have no videos in this course - in ShareStream), then you need to first click on the Pick-n-Play link before clicking on the MediaManager link.
1. Click on the MediaManager link.
2. Click on the Login button if it appears.
You should be automatically logged in, but if you are not, then first try clicking the Login button. If that does not work, refresh your CSUF Portal login. Then, return to the Media Manager block and click on the link again.
3. This course will display in the menu.
Only videos in this course will be listed.
4. Click on the MediaManager Multi-Course View link.
5. Your list of courses with media assets should display.
6. Click on the Sandbox course.
7. Right-mouse click on the desired video.
Note: This process only allows you to copy one video or one folder at a time.
8. Select Copy Asset.
9. Select the name of the destination course.
10. Click on OK.
11. Click on OK.
12. Click on OK.
13. The video now displays in your Course Folder.
Your students can now access this video via the Pick-n-Play block in your course.
You have now learned how to copy media assets from one course to another using the MediaManager.
Remember, this process must be followed for each course in which you want to use the media asset.