How do I upload video and audio files using Pick-n-Play?
You will learn how to use the Pick-n-Play block to upload video and audio for your students to view.
Follow these steps after you have added the Pick-n-Play block to your course main page.
This guide has been updated for TITANium 2019-2020.
- This process requires a Mac or PC computer - not a phone or tablet.
- Also, you may need to have third-party cookies enabled. This is usually on by default.
1. Click on the Pick-n-Play link.
2. Click on Upload.
3. Drag files to the file upload area.
Or, if you want, you can click on the file upload area and navigate to your files.
The recommended resolution choices for your video include the following:
The video can still be uploaded and used even if it does not fit a 16:9 aspect ratio. However, a thumbnail might not be automatically generated.
4. Click on the checkbox to the right of the video name.
5. Select to Generate Captions.
Tip: If you already have a captions file (SRT), you don't need to generate new captions. Also, these computer-generated captions typically have a lot of errors and should be edited afterward.
6. Your files will start to upload.
You can only upload 10 files per batch. To upload more, click on Add another batch.
7. If desired type a new Title and Description.
8. Click on Apply Changes.
This is only necessary if you make any changes to the title, description or contributor.
9. If uploading only one video or audio asset, click on Publish Asset.
1. Click on Publish All Assets.
10. When the check mark appears, then your media asset is considered uploaded and ready to use.
11. Your media asset is now visible to students in Pick-n-Play.
You have now learned how to upload video and audio media assets using the Pick-n-Play block.