How do I add captions to my video in ShareStream?
You will learn how to add a captions file to the video you have uploaded to ShareStream for use in your course in TITANium.
Follow these steps after you have already uploaded your video, after you have added the ShareStream MediaManager block to your course main page, and after you have created an SRT formatted captions file.
This guide has been updated for TITANium 2019-2020.
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
2. Click on the ShareStream MediaManager link.
All blocks in TITANium 3.6 are located along the right side of the course main page. Or, if you are using a smaller monitor or on a phone or tablet, they may be at the very bottom of the course main page.
2.1. The Copy course media assets dialog will appear.
2.2. If you have media in another course, tick Yes and type in the name of the other course.
2.3. Click on Proceed to copy those media assets.
2.4. Click on OK.
Your media assets have now been copied into the new course. This is useful if you want to use the same media assets in more than one course.
3. The MediaManager loads within the same page.
4. Locate the video or audio file where you want to add captions.
5. Right-mouse on the video.
6. Go to Caption then Add.
7. Click on Choose file.
8. Navigate to your file.
9. Click on Open.
10. Click on 'Click to upload local file'.
11. The file now has a (CC) on it.
12. Click on the video link.
13. The Video with captions displays.
You have now learned how to add a captions file to your video asset in ShareStream.