How do I use the ShareStream button to upload and display my video?
You will learn how to upload a video to your course in TITANium using the ShareStream button within an activity or resource.
Follow these steps to upload and display a video within a Page resource. A video can be inserted in any resource or activity textbox.
This guide has been updated for TITANium 2019-2020.
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Click on Turn editing on.
The Gear menu reveals the following links: Edit settings, Turn editing on, Filters, Gradebook setup, Outcomes, Backup, Restore, Import, Recycle bin, Reset, and More...
4. Click on Add an activity or resource.
5. Select Page.
Tip: You can add a Sharestream video to ANY activity or resource textbox. Page is just one example. You could also insert a video into a Book, a Label, an Assignment, etc.
6. Click on Add.
7. Type a title.
8. Add text, images or other content to the Page content textbox.
9. Place your cursor where you want to insert the video player.
10. Click on the ShareStream button.
11. Click on Upload.
Tip: If you already have any videos in the Pick-n-Play block for this course, then those videos will display here.
11.1. Click on Add.
11.2. The video now displays in the text editing box.
11.3. Click on Save and display.
11.4. The video thumbnail is now in ready to view by your students.
12. Navigate to your video.
13. Click on Open.
14. Type a title and description if desired.
After you have added some sub-folders within the MediaManager, you will have the choice of selecting one of them as the destination.
15. Check the box for auto captioning
16. Click on Upload.
17. When the file upload is complete, click on Add.
18. The video will display in the text box with the word "Processing".
Before you can use the video, it must be transcoded. This may take several minutes depending upon the length of your video.
19. Click on Save and display.
20. Once the video is done transcoding, the play button will display.
As part of the transcoding process, the video is converted to M4V format (if needed). Plus, two lower quality versions of the video are created for users who have less internet bandwidth (for example if someone is using a phone or tablet without wifi).
As a reminder Internet Explorer is not compatible. Please use Chrome, FireFox, Safari, or another modern web browser.
The next step is to add the captions file to the video.
You have now learned how to upload a video using the ShareStream button within an activity or resource.