How do I turn on Completion Tracking?
You will learn how to turn on Completion tracking in your course. With Completion tracking turned on your students can earn a checkmark for each activity they complete (by predetermined settings or manually by the student.). This will allow students to visually check their progress in your course. Plus, you can also arrange for activities to only become visible once a previous activity has been marked as complete.
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Select Edit settings.
4. Scroll down the page to the Completion tracking section.
5. Select Yes.
6. Click on Save and display.
7. The course now has completion tracking turned on.
The next step is to set up tracking for individual activities and resources.
8. Click on the Gear icon.
9. Select Turn editing on.
10. Scroll down to the section where you want to track an activity.
11. Click on the Edit link.
12. Select Edit settings.
13. Scroll down the page to Activity completion.
14. Decide which type of tracking to use.
Your choices are to have no tracking, to have students manually check the progress box or to have certain specified conditions and the system will check the progress box.
15. For this guide we will select to have conditions determine when the progress box is checked.
16. Decide which requirements you want students to complete.
In this case, a student must view the activity and receive a grade of 80 points (out of 100).
17. A dashed checkbox now appears to the right of the activity.
18. This is how a student will see it.
19. Now click on the edit link of the second activity.
20. Select Edit settings.
21. Scroll down to the Restrict access section.
22. Click on Add restriction.
23. Click on Activity completion.
The options listed for restriction types will depend upon the setup of your course. For example, Activity completion is only listed, if you have first enabled it in the course settings. Groups and Groupings will only display if you have created groups and groupings.
24. Use the dropdown menu to select an activity.
Select the activity to which we just added a completion tracking. This will make the second activity inaccessible until the student has completed the first activity (Dawn of Humanity lesson and quiz).
25. Select 'must be marked complete'.
However, if in the Activity completion of the previous activity, you mark Grade to pass, then you can choose that selection.
26. Click on Save and return to course.
27. Now there is a notation under the section activity.
This notation is visible to the students to let them know the requirements in order to view this activity. However, if in Step 25 you had clicked on the EYE icon, then the activity and the notation would not be visible to the student at all until the requirements were met.
28. Note the 'Your progress' column at the top of the course main page.
All of the checkboxes will line up under the Your progress column. This lets students see at a glance which activities have already been done.
You have learned how to make turn on Completion tracking in your course to allow your students to track their progress in your course..