How do I set an Assignment to be for only one specific group?
You will learn how to set an Assignment activity to be only visible and accessible to a specific group of students in your course in TITANium.
This can be useful, for example, if you have different assignments for different groups of students, such as Undergraduate versus Graduate students. Graduate students may be required to submit an extra paper for a given course. Making a group restriction hides the assignment completely from all of the other students both on the course main page and in the gradebook.
1. Within your course, scroll down to where you created your Assignment activity.
2. Click on the Assignment link.
3. Click on Edit settings.
4. Scroll down to the Restrict access settings.
5. Click on Add restriction.
6. Click on Group.
Note: Group and Groupings will only be displayed if you have already created a Group and a Grouping within your course.
7. Choose the name of the group in the dropdown menu.
8. Click on the Eye icon if you do not want non-group members to see this activity link.
If you do not click on the Eye icon, then all students in the course will see the link and a message on the course main page stating that the assignment is only available to the group that you just selected.
9. Click on Save and return to course.
10. The link to the Assignment is now only available to members of Group A.
Teachers will see this hidden activity. Group A members will see the link and non-members will not see it at all.
You have now learned how to restrict access for an Assignment activity to a specific group of students in your course.