How do I request a 'Course Merge'?
You will learn how to request a course merge for two or more courses within TITANium.
A course merge takes the active (dynamic) enrollments from two or more courses and maintains them in a new course. The benefit to the instructor and the students is that now the instructor only needs to manage one course rather than two or more. For example, some courses are crosslisted within the course catalog or students in a set of lab courses need common communications, documents and instructions, so the instructor wants to have all of those enrollments together. Many other uses are also possible.
Follow these steps to request a course merge.
1. Copy the course names as listed in TITANium.
Copy the titles of the courses from within TITANium or from your Faculty Center in Titan Online.
- Fall 2016 ISDS 361A-87 21476 Lab
- Fall 2016 ISDS 361A-85 11746 Lab
- Fall 2016 ISDS 361A-80 12311 Lab
- Fall 2016 ISDS 361A-71 21927 Lab
- Fall 2016 ISDS 361A-70 21163 Lab
2. Paste the list of courses into an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using your Cal State Fullerton email account, compose an email addressed to email@example.com.
3. You will soon receive an email response.
4. Article Summary
You have now learned how to request a course merge in TITANium.