How do I add the "Student Role" for myself?
You will learn how to add the Student Role to your user account within a given course. This will allow you to view and interact within your course as a student would, including submitting assignments, posting to a forum, and viewing your own student grades.
1. Enter your course in TITANium.
2. Click on Users in the Administration block.
3. Click on Enrolled users.
4. Locate your user account on the enrolled users page.
5. Click on the white space within the Roles column.
6. On the Roles menu click on Student.
Teacher role = user has near complete control over the course and it's content and gradebook.
Non-editing teacher role = user can grade assignments and other activities and can view the Gradebook but cannot directly change grades within the Grader report or Single view.
Student role = user can access only course content that the Teacher allows. The user cannot view the course if it is not made available by the Teacher.
Non-grading teacher role = user can add and remove activities and resources from the course, but cannot grade assignments and activites.
7. You will now see that the Student role has been added for you within this course.
The "X" means that you have permissions to remove that role. Normally, you will not be able to remove your own Teacher role - only roles that you add.
8. Click on Switch role to...
You can you use the "Switch role to..." tool without enrolling yourself as a student; however, giving yourself the Student role will add you to the gradebook, so that you verify how grades will appear to students, and you can test your grading aggregation method to verify it's accuracy.
If you use the Switch role to...Student without adding the Student role you will not see yourself in the gradebook and any assignments you submit will be gone when you return to your normal role.
9. Click on Student.
10. View the course main page as a student.
11. Click on "Return to my normal role" when you are finished.
You have now learned how to add the Student Role to your user account within a given course.