How do I transcribe and caption my video in YouTube?
You will learn how to transcribe and create timings for captions for your video in YouTube.
Follow these steps after you have uploaded your video to your YouTube account.
1. Click on the Sign in icon in YouTube.
2. Click on Creator Studio.
3. Click on Edit and select Subtitles/CC.
4. Click on Add new subtitles or CC.
5. Select English
6. Select a method for creating or adding captions.
There are three methods for creating or adding captions/subtitles for your video.
Upload a file: You can upload a transcript (and then add timing to it) or a timed text file (many formats are supported).
Transcribe and auto-sync: Type or copy/paste a script and YouTube might be able to synchronize the timing of the text.
Create new subtitles or CC: Transcribe the video as you listen to it, adding timings in as you go.
Buy Subtitles/CC or translation: to purchase subtitles.
7. Click on Create new subtitles or CC.
8. Click on Play and type the first line or two into the text box on the right.
9. Click on the Plus sign to start the next cue point.
10. Continue typing and clicking on the Plus sign.
11. When finished, click on Save changes.
12. The captions are now marked as published.
13. The captions will now be available for your viewers.
You have now learned how to transcribe and add timings to create captions for your video in YouTube.