How do I convert a script into captions for my video in YouTube?
You will learn how to convert a script into captions for your video in YouTube.
Follow these steps after you have uploaded your video to your YouTube account.
1. Click on the Sign in icon in YouTube.
2. Click on Creator Studio.
3. Click on Edit and select Subtitles/CC.
4. Click on Add new subtitles or CC.
5. Select English
6. Select a method for creating or adding captions.
There are four methods for creating or adding captions/subtitles for your video.
Upload a file: You can upload a transcript (and then add timing to it) or a timed text file (many formats are supported).
Transcribe and auto-sync: Type or copy/paste a script and YouTube might be able to synchronize the timing of the text.
Create new subtitles or CC: Transcribe the video as you listen to it, adding timings in as you go.
Buy Subtitles/CC or translation: to purchase subtitles.
7. Click on Transcribe and auto-sync.
8. Copy the script from Notepad.
Use a program like Notepad, so that you have only plain text. If your script is in Word, then save your document as Plain text, then open the plain text document in Notepad.
9. Paste the text into the text box in YouTube.
10. Click on Set timings.
11. Click on English under MY DRAFTS.
Wait a few minutes for the timing settings to complete, then click on English to edit and to publish. The longer the video, the longer you will need to wait.
12. Click on Play and make any needed adjustments to the text on the right.
13. Click on Save changes when finished editing.
14. The captions are now published.
You can always edit or delete any published captions.
15. The captions are now available for your viewers.
You have now learned how to convert a script into captions for your video in YouTube.