How do I set YouTube to auto-generate captions for my video?
You will learn how to get YouTube to auto-generate captions for your video.
Follow these steps after you have uploaded your video file to your YouTube account.
1. Click on the Sign in icon.
2. Click on Creator Studio.
3. Click on Edit and select Info and Settings.
4. Click on Advanced settings.
5. Select English using the Video language drop down menu.
6. Click on Save changes.
7. Click on the Subtitles and CC tab.
8. English (Automatic) will display under the Published section if it has been processed.
It may take a while for the captions to be auto-generated (perhaps 30 minutes or more). Or, they might not be generated at all if the file size is too long, the audio tracks are not clear, the language is not supported, and some other reasons. View the YouTube help page for more information.
You have now learned how to set YouTube to auto-generate captions for your video file.