How do I edit video captions in YouTube?
You will learn how to edit the auto-generated captions YouTube can create for your video.
Follow these steps after you have uploaded, set English as the language of your video, and YouTube has auto-generated the captions for your video.
1. Click on the Sign in icon.
2. Click on Creator Studio.
3. Click on Edit and select Subtitles/CC.
4. Click on English (Automatic) under Published.
5. Click on Edit.
6. Click on the Play button.
7. Type your corrections into the text boxes on the right side of the video.
8. When you are finished with your edits, click on Publish edits.
9. Click on English (Automatic).
10. Click on Actions and select Unpublish.
11. Click on Publish.
12. Now only the edited captions are published.
13. The desired captions now display when you play the video.
You have now learned how to edit the auto-generated captions in YouTube.