How do I import captions to YouTube?
You will learn how to import/upload a captions file for use with your video in YouTube.
Follow these steps after you have uploaded a video to YouTube, and you want to use a captions file (.SRT format) to provide accurate captions for your students.
1. Click on the Sign in icon in YouTube.
2. Click on Creator Studio.
3. Click on Edit and select Subtitles/CC.
4. Click on Add new subtitles or CC.
5. Select English.
6. Click on Upload a file.
There are four methods for creating or adding captions/subtitles for your video.
Upload a file: You can upload a transcript (and then add timing to it) or a timed text file (many formats are supported).
Transcribe and auto-sync: Type or copy/paste a script and YouTube might be able to synchronize the timing of the text.
Create new subtitles or CC: Transcribe the video as you listen to it, adding timings in as you go.
Buy Subtitles/CC or translation: to purchase subtitles.
7. Select Subtitles file.
8. Click on Choose File.
9. Locate the file on your computer and select it.
This example uses an .SRT captions file format.
10. Click on Open.
11. Click on Upload.
12. Verify the captions are correct and click on Publish.
13. Click on Save changes.
14. The captions are now published.
15. Play the video and check the captions.
You have now learned how to upload a captions file (.SRT) for use with your video on YouTube.