How do I upload a video to YouTube?
You will learn how to upload a video to YouTube using your CSUF Portal account via Titan Apps.
Follow these steps after you have signed in to YouTube via Titan Apps.
1. Click on the Upload icon in the top-right corner of your web browser.
The Upload icon looks like an upwards point arrow about a horizontal line.
2. Select Upload video.
3. Click on Create Channel.
This option should only appear the first time you sign in.
Follow these sub-steps to increase your video length limit beyond 15 minutes and to be able to customize the preview image for your videos.
1. Click on Increase your limit.
Scroll down the page a little to the Help and Suggestions section, and click on Increase your limit.
2. Click on "Call me with an automated voice message".
3. Click on Confirm.
4. Type your phone number.
5. Click on submit.
6. Type the verification code and click on Submit.
When you receive an automated phone call from Google, type the code and then click on Submit.
7. Click on Continue.
8. You are now ready to upload your first video.
4. Use the drop down menu to select the degree of privacy for your video.
You have four choices for privacy/availability:
Public: Anyone can view this video and the video will show up in the search results.
Unlisted: A link is created for this video, and anyone with that link can view the video. This link can be shared and also made part of a playlist. If you don't want this video shared, choose Private.
Private: Only Google account users whom you specify can view this video. This video will not show up in search results. You must have completed the previous sub-steps in order to invite individual users.
Scheduled: You can schedule when a video should be viewable.
5. Drag the video file from your computer to the upload box.
You can upload a variety of video file types, like: .MOV, .MP4, .AVI, .WMV, etc. For best quality, upload your video using standard dimensions, such as 1280x720 (720p).
- Supported YouTube file formats (YouTube Help webpage)
6. Type a Title, a Description and Tags as desired.
7. Click on a Thumbnail choice or upload an image.
Click on Custom thumbnail if you want to upload an image.
8. Click on Done.
9. The video has now been uploaded and a link for sharing is available.
Read this article on how to embed a YouTube video in your TITANium course.
Google Resources and Documentation.
You have now learned how to upload a video file from your computer to your YouTube account having logged in through Titan Apps.