How do I update an embedded ShareStream video?
You will learn how to update the embed code for a ShareStream video which you have previously embedded in a textbox within a resource or activity.
This is only necessary when we move to a new academic year.
This guide applies to TITANium 2019-2020.
Follow these steps after you have copied your course content (via Restore) and have copied your ShareStream videos (via the Pick n Play block's Course Media Copy Wizard or via the MediaManager).
This screenshot below shows a Page resource with an embedded ShareStream video which was copied from the previous academic year. The video is not displaying in the Page.
Let's fix this!
1. Enter your course in TITANium 2019-2020.
2. Click on the Gear icon.
3. Select Turn editing on.
4. Scroll down to the topic section where your activity or resource is located.
5. Click on Edit.
6. Select Edit settings.
7. Click just to the right of the video.
Alert: Here is the part where some instructors get confused. If you are logged in to TITANium 2018-2019 when you edit this textbox, you will likely see the video displayed. It will play if you click on the Play button.
The problem is that you have access to your old course, but your students do not. So, you can see the video (in editing mode only), but they cannot see it at all.
8. Hit the Backspace key.
This will delete the embed code.
9. Click on the ShareStream button.
10. Click on the box to select the desired video.
11. Click on Add.
12. The video will display in the textbox.
13. Click on Save and display.
14. Click on the Play button.
You have now learned how to re-embed a ShareStream video after having copied the course from a previous academic year to the current one.