How do I create a Standard rubric in Turnitin?
You will lean how to create a Standard rubric to use in the Turnitin assignment in your course.
1. Create a scorecard.
Before you use the rubric function in Turnitin, you should create a scorecard or similar rubric as shown below. Rubric scorecards can be used to evaluate student work based on defined criteria and scales.
2. Click on the title link for your Turnitin assignment.
3. Click on the Settings tab.
5. Click on Launch Rubric Manager.
9. Type a name for your rubric.
10. Click on each "Scale" to change the name of the scale.
Following the sample scoreboard rubric shown in Step 1, click the first scale and type "Capstone" in the text box. Continue across renaming each of the scales.
11. Type a numerical value for each scale.
12. Click on the "+" sign at the end of the scale to add a new scale.
Tip: Keep your scale to a manageable number.
13. Click on each "Criterion" to change the criterion name.
14. Click on the percentage number next to the criterion to enter the weight for that criterion.
15. Click on the "+" sign next to "CRITERIA" to add a new criterion.
16. Type a detailed and measurable criterion description for each performance level.
Click inside the matrix square to type a detailed and measurable criterion description for each performance level.
For example, for the first criterion which we named "Explanation" and the first scale called "Capstone", type the following description taken from our scorecard as shown in Step 1: "Issue/problem to be considered critically is stated clearly and described comprehensively, delivering all relevant information necessary for full understanding."
Now, enter the descriptions for all of the remaining scales and criteria.
17. Your complete rubric should look like this.
18. Click on SAVE.
You have now learned how to create a Standard rubric using the Rubric Manager within a Turnitin assignment.